Travel with the Monks of St. Benedict’s Abbey and celebrate Bavarian tradition on a scenic fall foliage train tour from KC’s historic Union Station to Hermann, MO.
Explore Hermann’s Oktoberfest- Beer, Bands, Food and Wine tasting
Abbey souvenirs, giveaways, games, contests and prizes throughout the day
Celebrate a Sunday Vigil Mass for Pilgrims in Hermann with friends
$100 registration fee covers round-trip train fare from from KC Union Station
Lunch, Drinks and Entertainment are on your own at the Octoberfest in Hermann, MO
If traveling by car or another train, meet at the “St. Benedict’s Express Tent” in Hermann, MO.
Our monastic community roots are in Bavaria, so this alpine spirit will be part of the stories, traditions and experiences we share -- if you have any questions, please contact us.
- 8:15 am - train travelers depart KC Union Station
- 12:03 pm - arrive in Hermann, MO
- 12:30 pm - gather at St. Benedict’s Express Tent
- welcome of friends who drove or took other trains
- 12:45 pm - lunch and explore Octoberfest on your own
- 3:45 pm - meet at parish to prepare for Mass
- 4 pm - Sunday Vigil Mass for Pilgrims
- 4:35 pm - good byes and departure
- farewell to friends who drove or took other trains
- 5:35 pm - train travelers depart Hermann, MO, for KC
- 9:40 pm - train travelers arrive at KC Union Station