Inspired by Psalm 14 - which the monks prayed at Lauds this morning and which reads “The fool has said in his heart, ‘there is no God above.’” - I wrote this little reflection.
1. The fool goes into battle without being properly armed.
2. The fool thinks that she can do it on her own.
3. The fool thinks that loving his mother is not manly.
4. The fool neglects to live as Jesus commanded: to pray the “Our Father” and to “Behold your Mother.”
5. The fool is unprepared for the hour of death.
Don’t be a fool. Pray your daily Rosary.
--By Fr. Simon Baker, OSB