St. Benedict’s Abbey Appeals & Special Events Coordinator
Department: Advancement Office
Position: Appeals & Special Events Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Communications
The Appeals & Special Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the distribution of fundraising appeals and coordinating logistics for specials events. He/she maintains all appeal information including St. Benedict’s Abbey’s donor database, analyzing past appeals, and processing all incoming donations. He/she assists in the creation of mailings and facilitating the Abbey’s advancement efforts. He/she should possess good attention to detail and be good at communicating with constituents on the phone and through other forms of correspondence.
- Maintaining donor database.
- Recording and maintaining up-to-date files on all prospects and donors.
- Processing donor gifts, preparing daily reports for business office, mailing thank you letters and maintaining copies of donor gifts
- Answering the primary Advancement phone, routing calls, or taking messages.
- Opening, stamping, and routing departmental daily mail
- Assisting in coordination of all mailings, including preparation of mailing lists, solicitation letters, thank you letters and pledge cards. Assisting with communicating with mailing house for timely delivery of these appeals.
- Assisting with maintenance status of all outstanding pledges, preparing pledge reminders monthly, notifying Director of Advancement/Business Manager of status of all pledges.
- Coordinating special events (e.g. Abbot’s Table, prayer breakfasts, etc.)
- Assisting the Director of Communications, Director of Advancement or members of the monastic community with other requests (e.g. supplying benefactor information, etc.)
- Maintaining department calendar.
- Assisting with proofreading and editing of printed materials produced by office including Kansas Monks magazine.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications.
Click here to download a pdf of the job description.